Weekly Relaxation Sessions
Did you know that the Relaxation Response is recognized as being the opposite of the physiological stress response? When practiced on a regular daily basis relaxation can promote the following benefits:
- Release physical tension
- Manage emotions
- Improve both the quality and quantity of sleep
- Improve concentration, focus, work productivity and feeling of self-accomplishment
- Improve communication and interpersonal relationships with family, friends and colleagues
- Connect with one’s true self to find calm and inner peace
- Make better choices and regain a sense of control over one’s life
Relaxation is an easy tool, doesn’t cost anything and it works!
Guylaine Dion, of HSD’s Counseling Unit, facilitates a free ongoing weekly class called The Power of Relaxation, Tuesdays from 12:00 to 1:00pm. You must email Khalid Hassani from HSD to register, so you can get all the information about days, location and the material for the session. For more information and to register, please email Khalil Hassani or call with questions (202) 473-3162. Please be aware that all sessions are virtual, so please register to get all the correct information.
Thanks for your registration request to ‘’The Power of Relaxation’’ training. Before confirming your registration to the HSD program “The Power of Relaxation”, could you please confirm that you are a registered dependent and the name of your spouse. This program has been delivered virtually/online. However, it will be delivered “live” on WBG (DC) premises in the future, such as on Tuesdays and/or Thursdays; you will need to demonstrate your WBG or IMF affiliation as a registered dependent to be authorized to enter the premises to attend this program.