Disclaimer Members to Members
The information is provided solely for informational purposes based on personal experiences, knowledge and preferences of the World Bank Family Network (WBFN) members, and should not in any way be construed as an advice, recommendation or endorsement of WBFN or the World Bank Group. Readers are encouraged to conduct their own research and due diligence and seek independent recommendations in deciding which service provider is best suited for their needs.
WBFN makes no warranty, express or implied, as to its accuracy, completeness or timeliness or as to the results to be obtained through the use of information listed in this document. Reliance upon any information hereof shall be entirely at the reader’s own risk.
In no event shall WBFN or its employees be liable from any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages in connection with the use of any information contained herein.
Disclaimer PDP Handbook
The content on this handbook and all other information is developed and maintained by World Bank Family Network (“WBFN”) employees and members based in Washington, DC and other cities worldwide. The content is provided solely for informational purposes and is intended for use by WBFN, IDBFA and IMFFA members and/or their spouses/domestic partners only. It is strictly forbidden, except with expressed written permission from WBFN, to distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may any reader transmit it or store it in any website or other form of physical or electronic retrieval system.
WBFN makes a concerted effort to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the information provided, but does not guarantee its accuracy and accepts no liability for any loss or damage arising from inaccuracies or omissions. WBFN does not represent, endorse, or guarantee the advice, opinion, statement, or other information provided by third party resources listed in this handbook. Reliance upon any such opinion, advice, statement, or other information shall also be at the reader’s own risk and the reader should contact the service provider directly and/or seek independent recommendations in deciding which service provider is best suited for his/her needs. WBFN or its employees will not be held liable for any loss or damages resulting from the use of information provided on this handbook
Guidelines for Guest Speakers
The guest speaker (the “Guest Speaker”) to a World Bank Family Network (“WBFN”) event (the “Event”) agrees and acknowledges the following terms and conditions:
- The Guest Speaker agrees that no agency or employment relationship is created by this Guidelines and that the Guest Speaker is, and shall at all times be an independent contractor to WBFN.
- The venue, event name and event date agreed with the Guest Speaker are indicative only and WBFN reserves the right to alter them. Information given in any advance notification, program, agenda or mailing is indicative only and WBFN gives no warranty or undertaking that the Event will comply with the same.
- The Guest Speaker will be requested to submit an outline of the topics planned for discussion 3 (three) business days in advance of the presentation/speech.
- WBFN reserves the right to make audio and video recordings of the Guest Speaker’s presentation/speech and to post portions of such recordings or photography on its web site, blog, and other social networking sites. The Guest Speaker hereby gives to WBFN an irrevocable, royalty-free, non-exclusive license to use, display, publish, exhibit, and distribute all or portions of the photographs, videotapes, images or audio recordings from the Event.
- The Guest Speaker’s promotion of a business, distribution of advertising, or collection of participants’ names, addresses, or phone numbers is not permitted.
- The Guest Speaker is permitted to handing out information including his/her company experience and contact information only after his/her presentation/speech.
- Handout material for audience is welcome. All printed material must include the following:
“World Bank Family Network does not endorse the services or products discussed in the presentation.The meeting is for informational and educational purposes only.Participants are encouraged to consider a variety of sources when making decisions about the topic.
The presence of the Guest Speaker at the WBFN event does not imply endorsement of the opinions and views expressed by the Guest Speaker.WBFN does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, views, statement, or other information provided by the Guest Speaker. WBFN shall not be liable to anyone else for any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, timeliness, completeness, deletion, defect, or use of any materials, regardless of cause, for any damages resulting therefrom.”
- The role of any Guest Speaker is to explain and provide information on a specific topic, not self-promotion. The content of the presentation/speech should be informative and not designed to promote a political candidate or issue, specific business, its services or products. Also, there should be no type of solicitation for a financial or in-kind donation, or a request to purchase products or services.
- The Guest Speaker is welcomed to advertising the Event on his/her own web site, blog, and other social networking sites provided that it is in compliant with WBFN Social Media Guidelines.
- The names WBFN, World Bank Group, IBRD (International Bank for Reconstruction and Development), IDA (International Development Association), IFC (International Finance Corporation), MIGA (Multilateral Guarantee Agency), and ICSID (International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes), and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans are trademarks of the relevant member institution(s). The Guest Speaker may not use any such trademark, official mark, official emblem, or logo of WBFN, The World Bank Group or its member institutions, or any of its other means of promotion or publicity, without the prior written consent of the relevant member institution(s), nor in any event to represent or imply an association or affiliation with WBFN, The World Bank Group or any of such member institution.
- Materials and presentations must not denigrate any political view, culture, race, gender, national origin, or religion. Also, while factual information on politics, religion, culture, or ethnicity may be presented, proselytizing is not permitted.
- The presentation/speech must not incite hatred, violence, or call for the breaking of the law.
- The Guest Speaker is not permitted to encourage, glorify or promote any acts of terrorism, including individuals, groups or organizations that support such acts.
- The Guest Speaker must not spread hatred and intolerance of any minority group/s in the community.
- The Guest Speaker must seek to avoid insulting faiths or groups in the community.
- Whilst WBFN endeavor to promote the presentation/speech and to maximize attendance, WBFN cannot give any warranties that the intended participants can and will attend the Event.
- WBFN has the right and responsibility to direct the Guest Speaker to discontinue any speech/presentation or activity that, in WBFN’s reasonable opinion, would cause a safety concern or constitute a violation of this Guideline, any WBFN or the World Bank Group policy or any federal state or local law, rule, or regulation.
- WBFN reserves the right to cancel, postpone the Event due to occurrence of force majeure without any written notification. In such event the Guest Speaker and WBFN will work together in good faith to discuss alternative dates for the Event.
- WBFN may cancel the Event on giving the Guest Speaker 1 (one) business day notice in writing if:
- (in WBFN’s view) insufficient numbers of participants sign up to attend the Event; or
- the Event in WBFN’s opinion is no longer practicable or financially viable for whatever reason.