VENUE: Belle Haven Marina 1201 Belle Haven Rd, Alexandria, VA
- Registration on line is now open
- By car: approach the lane where Belle Haven Park is situated from left or right from George Washington Park way. Please note: Belle Haven Marina will be straight, but the park where we have the picnic, is on the LEFT and park your car at designated places.
- By Metro: take Huntington Metro station (yellow line) and be there between 10.00am and 10.15am and we will have Padmini (Welcoming co-chair) waiting for you there at the Metro station to shuttle you to the park.. Her cell no. is 202 812-7757. Please text her BEFORE Friday May 11th, 2018 if you need this carpool.
- There are picnic benches to sit on but you may bring picnic blankets if you wish to sit on the ground. Bring blankets or tarpaulin plastic if you want to sit on the grass
- At the picnic we will offer water, juice, cookies and snacks. We ask each family to bring a dish for about 6 people. Once you and your family have signed up to attend the picnic, we will notify you regarding our “sign up Genius” so that we know what food your will be bringing.
- Paper goods and drinks will be provided by WBFN.
- Bathroom facilities are available near the parking lot.
- Games will be organized and arts and crafts for the kids. Parents help will be appreciated!
- WBFN cannot take any responsibility for the safeguarding of the children during the above picnic, therefore the parents are solely responsible especially since the picnic site is on the border of the Potomac River! Therefore please watch those little ones at all times, even when we organize some games for them!
- If you need to cancel after you have registered, please do so by emailing Padmini (firstname.lastname@example.org) with copy to Georgine (email@example.com) and to Welcoming: WBFNwelcoming@worldbank.org
- In case of bad weather (although the forecast is good) we will email you in the morning by 8.00am. We cannot give an alternate rain date. Sorry!
To register for the Spring Picnic, please click here for more details please open the attached pdf document at the bottom of this page
If you have any questions, please email WBFN Welcoming at firstname.lastname@example.org