We invite you to join a one-of-a-kind Collaborative Art Project – the WBFN Mosaic.
Under the guidance of seasoned Community Artist - Gertrud Müller (https://www.mosaicmoments.de/en/) - WBFN members from around the world will come together to create a unique piece of art representing our diverse and tight-knit community.
The creative process will consist in designing and crafting a mosaic artwork inspired by various geometric or floral cross stitch patterns from different countries shared by WBFN members. The final piece of art will be created during a workshop organized at the WBFN HQ office.
We believe this Collaborative Art Project provides an exceptional opportunity for our membership to connect beyond borders and foster cross-cultural understanding while breaking down language barriers and revealing hidden talents within the community.
The WBFN Mosaic will be officially inaugurated in May 2024 and permanently displayed at the WBFN HQ office in Washington, D.C. More details to come!
Here is how you can get involved in this unique creative endeavor.
STEP 1: Call for PATTERNS - until February 29, 2024
Open to all WBFN members (based in HQ and worldwide).
- Choose a geometric or floral cross stitch pattern that has a special meaning to you and is representative of your country or culture.
- Take a color photo of the pattern or a cross stitch embroidery from a tablecloth, napkin, blouse, etc. if you happen to have one of these items. If you don’t have the chart, don’t worry. The most important is the photograph. Click Here to see examples.
- Send all the above-mentioned files by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, February 29, 2024 (Noon EST). Please include your full name, country of origin, and a short description of the pattern.
STEP 2: Creative Workshop - on April 8, 2024.
Open to our WBFN members based in the Washington, D.C. area ONLY.
- Half-day workshop led by Gertrud Müller at the WBFN office (3 hours – from 10 am to 1 pm).
- We are looking for approximately 20 participants in D.C. Please secure your spot by registering your interest to attend on Monday, April 8 Click Here
- Each participant will create a small mosaic representing one pattern previously selected from our members’ proposals. All individual mosaics will be then skillfully arranged into the final composition.
- You don’t need previous experience in mosaic crafts to participate in the workshop.
- All necessary materials will be provided.
We hope you will join this exciting project.
Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions.