Shared by Paul Corsi
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 3/4 cups confectioners sugar
- pinch of salt (add a little extra if using unsalted butter)
- 1 1/2 cups ground almonds (I do not recommend using almond flour/meal- I suggest grinding your own in a food processor or manually).
- 3 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- Extra powdered sugar for coating cookies
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F.At this time I get my parchment lined cookie sheets ready
- In a large mixing bowl of your eletric Stand mixer, cream butter, powdered sugar, and salt on medium speed, till light and fluffy
- Then add in ground almonds and vanilla, and almond extract
- Mix until well combined.
- Gradually add flour in 3-4 additions, just untill mixed no not over mix (sometimes I finish with a rubber spatchula scraping the bottom of the bowl
- Use a small ice cream scoop to make uniform cookies or roll into crescent shapes, using about 1 teaspoon of batter per cookie.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes (be careful not to brown).
- Cool slightly (until you can handle them without burning yourself), and roll into the powdered sugar. Best if done warm so cookie absorbs the sugar
- Set aside and cool completed, then roll again in powdered sugar. I store these cookies in a good amount of powered sugar as the cookie absorb the sugar